One room that a lot of homeowners tend to overlook is the bathroom. After all, this is more of a functional room than a style-based one should we say. Nevertheless, it is important that your bathroom matches up to the rest of your house. A few small changes can go a long way, and we have some great suggestions below:
- Spray paint your hardware – One of the best ways to give your bathroom a makeover without breaking the bank is to spray paint your hardware. If you have any dated fixtures, use a heavy-duty industrial spray to give them a fresh look.
- Change the toilet roll holder – One of the best ways to make a big difference in any room is to change small items that you would not notice into statement pieces. After all, who gives a second thought to their bathroom’s toilet roll holder? When it comes to unique and stylish designers, we have found them here. From modern, stainless steel designs to lavish gold options, there is something for all tastes on the market today.
- Add shelving – Another way to give your bathroom a stylish upgrade is to add a shelf, or several of them. Not only does this transform the appearance of your bathroom, but it provides you with some extra storage too. Win-win!
- Add a plant – There are many benefits associated with adding plants to your bathroom. The most obvious benefit is that they will look incredible. Is there any better way to brighten up your bathroom? Not only this, but moisture-loving plants are ideal because they will thrive in your bathroom while also absorbing smelly odours too! Some of the best plants to go for include the likes of orchids and ferns.
- Change your shower curtain – Fabric liners and curtains are definitely worth investing in. Not only do they look better than their plastic alternatives, but also you can throw them in the wash once they start to get a bit mouldy and splotchy, which is an inevitability. Choose something that is breezy yet feels plush, and choose any design that you feel will suit your bathroom and freshen up the appearance of it.
- Get new towels – Another easy and effective way to give your bathroom a new lease of life is to purchase some new towels. Your towels will make a sizeable visual impact on your bathroom space, irrespective of whether you hand them on the back of the door or fold them over a rack. Consider a new set of towels. This is also a great way to incorporate some new colours into your bathroom.
- Deep clean the tile grout – Last but not least, you can do this by making a paste of water and baking soda. You should then spread it across any grout that has discoloured. Let this sit for a couple of minutes. Afterwards, spritz some vinegar onto it, let the sizzle subside, and then use a toothbrush to clean it. You will be amazed by how effectively this works.